Coached Athlete Results and other stuff

Just my comments about my Coach Athletes, thoughts about training, and other stuff.

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Master's National Track Championships

Master's national championships went well this year. I only had 2 riders there this year, and didn't race myself because I had ANOTHER knee surgery on August 14th. My riders that did go to nats had some great rides. Joseph Lacour won a silver medal in the match sprints as well as a Bronze medal in the team sprint. I was very proud of Joe for winning the silver, but also a little disappointed that he didn't get the gold. The guy that beat him(Mike Beers) is a very experienced racer and was an elite national champ just a few years ago, so at least he lost to a high quality rider.

My other rider was Mike Mccue. This was Mike's first year to go to masters nats, and he set a personal record in both the 2K pursuit and the 500m. Mike also did the points race, but some dillhole FORGOT TO GLUE HIS TUBULAR, rolled a tire, and took out about half a dozen racers (incl Mike)only 2 laps into the race. Mike got back in the race, but just wasn't himself once he got back in.
The whole weeklong event was great, and I am already fired up for next year. I look forward to racing myself, as well as taking a few more riders out there with me.