Coached Athlete Results and other stuff

Just my comments about my Coach Athletes, thoughts about training, and other stuff.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Rich Pearson

I met Rich in the Summer of 2005 when I was guiding bicycle tours in Italy for Granfondo Cycling Tours. He decided to attend one of my training camps in winter of 2006 and I have been coaching him ever since. Rich races in the 50+ group, and is a talented athlete, but just needed some guidance. He works full time as a nurse, and likes to do the occasional tandem ride with his wife. His racing is aimportant to him, but we also worked Ragbrai into his training schedule this summer. Rich has an excellent finishing kick and has used that to finish strongly in many road races and crits, with the occasional top finish in a time trial. He has been on the podium in almost every race he has done this year , including one win. His main goal for the year is the NE state championship road race coming up in September. Wish him luck!