Coached Athlete Results and other stuff

Just my comments about my Coach Athletes, thoughts about training, and other stuff.

Friday, October 14, 2005

New Featured Rider.


I am putting up a new featured rider on my front page. It is long overdue... Steve Scott (not the famous runner) Steve is coming up on his 50th birthday here pretty soon, and was just getting into bike racing when he came to me. He discovered that he enjoyed the race of truth, but was unsatisfied with his 20K time of 32:18. I got steve started on a training program that primarily emphasized muscluar endurance and on the bike strength work. He's been working hard, and since he came to me he has taken 3 minutes and 50 seconds off his first 20K. His new PR is 28:28 was good enough to get him 5th place ( out of 30) in his age group at the last time trial.